Monday, June 25, 2012

The simplest pasta sauce ever.

I get absolutely delighted when i hear the these words.

Bovril, Marmite, Vegemite, & Pasta

Times when i just get so lazy, and all i want is a quick fix for my meal and knowing pasta sauces are rather tedious at times, i reach out for my Bovril, butter and spaghetti and whip up this delightful, shall i say rather whimsical sauce to me and the quickest most easiest to make, easier than aglio olio in fact. 




Requires no chopping, no cutting, no slicing, dicing but just:

1. A good heap of butter to make help give the creamy texture

2. Good amount of Bovril, or Marmite or Vegemite ( depends on your addiction level)

3. Boiled spaghetti.


What ya gotta do is just 3 steps, 

1. Add in the butter in to pan

2. Add in the Bovril, Marmite or Vegemite

3. Add in some pasta water ( the water you use to boil the pasta in) to thicken up the sauce and let it reduce to the amount you want and thats it. Mix it up and you get this..


Amazingly good. I do not take credits for this recipe for it is not mine. 
I picked this up from Nigella Lawson whom she picked this up from Anna Del Conte's memoir
 " Rissotto with Nettles" 

Her's were originally using Marmite but i personally think Bovril gives the beefy taste but if you're Aussie and you love your Vegemite, GO AHEAD! =) 

Give it a try and leave me some comments below to let me know how it all went.

Till then, keep on whipping up some magic in your kitchen <3

No comments:

Post a Comment